Monday, November 1, 2010

Running in the Dark

Friday after school I had many things to do. I worked on many things in the classroom, trying to make sure that everything was ready for Monday.

By the time I made it to my aunt's house, the sun was going down. Quickly, I changed into some old sweats, a sweatshirt and my running shoes. When we stepped outside, a cold blast of air hit me in the face. The sky was dark, like pitch black.

We took off running. Our shoes hit the road quick and with a rhythm- pit-pat, pit-pat, pit-pat. Even though we knew our shoes were on the ground, we couldn't see them because it was so dark.

The air was still, no trees were moving, and animals were sleeping. Before I knew it, the run was over and our cheeks were red from the cold. It was a great workout, and I can't wait for next time!

How was your weekend?

19 comments:

  1. Halloween was my favorite! Also Mrs.Waggoner you type 8:00 in the morning?!? WOW!That is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEN
    I had a great weekend exept when my
    head was hurting.Any way my head is
    stil hurting but I had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend I had 4 soccer games the fouth one was our big compitishion and althoe we didn't win we got medals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weekend I went to my cousins baseball game and it was FREAZING COLD!My aunt bought me some hotchocalate and everything was fine. THE END

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wass your weekend. how dark wass it. wass it fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. whean did you leave. that fine friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi miss.Waggoner
    My mom sometimes also runs in the dark.
    i also had a busy but sleppy day!!! :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. what i did on my weekend was i passed out candy for halloween this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this weekend was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun!!!!!

    i had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had an AWESOME weekend, exept that I didn't get ENEOUGH time to eat my candy. But over all that, it was very CCCCOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my weekend was cooo, I had baseball practice and the coach saved me to hit best for last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went runing this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my weekend was awesome i played with a lot of friends and was really busy on Sunday morning. I loved my weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this weekend i got to go to sanantonio and see my brother in colege! we went to the river walk and saw the alamo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THIS WEEKEND I JUST SAT BACK AND RELAXED.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don,t like doing so much work

    ReplyDelete
  17. this weekend I am going to be very very busy. I am going to go to my little brother's baseball game! And I am going to go to my friends house. Also sense friday is going to be so fun I am going to tell you about that to. So sense my mom and dad are going to a concert I get to be at home with the babysitter. Even though thats not realy Exiting it realy is. I just needed to say it more exited. And I wanted to say a few things to you ms.waggoner. YOU ARE THE BEST TEACHER IN THE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete