Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy Busy Busy!

Whew! What a busy weekend I had! There were so many things I did, it's hard to decide which one to tell you about!

My grandmother and great grandmother and great great grandmother all made quilts. And probably all the women in my family before that. I love to wrap up in a quilt and snuggle on the couch--especially this time of year.

Quilt making is very cool. You have to be creative, be good at math, and have patience. It has been in my family for so long, I don't want it to disappear. No one my age makes quilts. So, guess what? I decided to learn!

Yesterday I went to a class with my grandmother that teaches people how to make quilts. We picked out fabric with colors that worked together. That part was like painting a picture in art. Then, we talked about how to cut small pieces to fit together like a puzzle. That part meant I had to know a lot of math and how to read a ruler. Cutting the little pieces takes a lot of patience, because it's a slow process.

I am going to take this class every Sunday in October and in the end, I will have a little quilt! Sometimes learning new things is kind of scary, but it's also exciting. I can't wait to see my quilt in the end!

What is something you wish you could learn?

3 comments:

  1. Wow NO comments, Well you are sure a busy bee, exept that you dont live in a hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes I scared of learning new thing's:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur as busy as a bee! ;)

    ReplyDelete