Monday, August 29, 2011

Saturday Morning Breakfast

Every Saturday, my family gets together for breakfast. Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents-- it is quite a big group!

My grandad wakes up early when the sun is still asleep. He mixes flour and milk together with a few other ingredients to make biscuits. He rolls the dough out on the counter top and makes circles using a little juice cup. Then, he puts the circles in the oven to bake.

While the biscuits are cooking, he makes grits, sizzles bacon, and cooks the sausage. About this time everyone starts to arrive. The biscuits are ready, and he mixes the gravy. Time to eat!

This Saturday, we ate and talked about the first week of school. There are many kids in my family, and many of the adults are teachers!

After breakfast we drank coffee for a little while longer.

I was sad to leave, but I had a lot to get done! It was a great morning.

How was your weekend?

1 comment: